AstronomyMalaysia-M101

Monday, December 12, 2022

Wheels

The original pier that came with the Meade 826 did not have any wheels, making it difficult to move around. Which is one of the key reason why I didn't haul it out to the nearby field to do observations as often as I would or should. 

Meade 826 with its 3 legs without wheels

So this time around, my focus is to find ways to make it easier to transport and setup the telescope. Having a good set of wheels for the piece will go a long way. 

I stumbled across the furniture moving castors / wheels at Ace Hardware while shopping last week. The concave area inside the 3 wheels looks ideal for the round leg of the pier. So I decided to get a few of them. Much to my delight, it fits perfectly ! The original screw jack can also go thru the center hole and can be locked into position.

Castor / wheels for telescope pier



M12 size screw and bolt

Here's how it looks now :

Meade 826 on wheels


No comments: